Some of the women leaders attending the #JourneyToConsensus meeting at Karen, the official residence of Deputy President William Ruto included:
- Aisha Jumwa – Malindi
- Gladys Shollei – Uasin Gishu
- Alice Wahome – Kandara
- Millicent Omanga – Nairobi, Nominated
- Faith Gitau – Nyandarua
- Nasri Ibrahim – Wajir, Nominated
- Falhada Iman – Garissa, Nominated
- Liza Chelule – Nakuru
- Jane Kihara – Naivasha
- Beatrice Nkatha – Tharaka Nithi
- Joyce Korir – Bomet
- Rahab Mukami – Nyeri
- Wangui Ngirici – Kirinyaga
- Anab Gure – Garissa
- Beatrice Kones – Bomet East
- Janet Nangabo – TransNzoia
- Rehema Hassan – TanaRiver
- Naomi Waqo – Marsabit, Nominated
The meeting was to try and build consensus around the proposals contained in the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) constitutional amendment bill.
The BBI document has been a hot topic in the country with political leaders taking strong stands for and against issues captured in the document necessitating the meeting hosted by DP Ruto.
Earlier reports from the residence intimated that 148 legislatures attended the meeting, who included three governors – Stephen Sang (Nandi), Jackson Mandago (Uasin Gishu), and Josphat Nanok (Turkana).
The BBI Committee, led by Hon. Junet Mohammed and Denis Waweru, is driving the collection of signatures drive happening across the country in partial fulfilment of the requirements to see the document proposals adopted to make changes in the Kenya Constitution.