The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN) launched its Strategic Note for the period starting 2022-2025 at a high-level event held at the Sheraton Hotel in Kampala.
The purpose of the launch was to raise awareness of the UN Women’s new Strategic Note and work in Uganda, give space for current partners from the government, development partners, private sector, and civil society to engage with the Strategic Note and ensure their buy-in, and attract new potential donors and partners for the achievement of the priority areas.
The plan is aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework Guidance (UNSDCF), the National Development Plan III and it lays out six targeted outcomes that the Country Office will work towards in the next 4 years which include;
1. Inclusive and Accountable Governance and Women’s Access to Justice
2. Women’s Rights, Gender Responsive Peace and Security
3. Women have increased productivity, income, and access to resources
4. Vulnerable women have the capacity to mitigate and adapt to Climate Change & Disaster Reductions
5. Women & Girls Enjoy Quality Basic Social and Protection Services
6. Gender Equality and Women Rights Fulfilled in a Culturally Responsive Environment
The Strategic Note was launched by the Minister of State in Charge of Gender and Culture, Hon Peace Mutuzo who commended UN Women on the achievements made during the previous cycle of the Strategic Note.